Categories
Entertainment Daypop

MGM+ original series ‘Godfather of Harlem’ shares trailer, premiere date for Season 4

MGM+ is previewing Season 4 of Godfather of Harlem, set to premiere on April 13.

Forest Whitaker portrays Ellsworth Bumpy Johnson, a crime boss in 1960s Harlem, with an official synopsis reading that Season 4 follows Johnson as he “continues his bloody war for control of Harlem against New York’s Mafia families, while contending with the arrival of gangster Frank Lucas (Rome Flynn).” Johnson is also trying to come to terms with the fact that his daughter, portrayed by Antionette Crowe-Legacy, is working with the Black Panthers after Malcom X is assassinated (Jason Alan Carvell had portrayed Malcolm X in earlier seasons).

Season 4 will also star Ilfenesh Hadera, Lucy Fry, Erik LaRay Harvey, Michael Raymond James, Elvis Nolasco and Erik Palladino.

See the trailer for Season 4 of Godfather of Harlem – HERE.

Editorial credit: DFree / Shutterstock.com

Categories
Entertainment Daypop

Paul Mescal, Barry Keoghan, Harris Dickinson, and Joseph Quinn cast in four-part Beatles biopic

Filmmaker Sam Mendes has officially confirmed the main cast for his series of four Beatles biopics, adding that each film will premiere one at a time over four weekends in April 2028.

Cast as the Fab Four is: Harris Dickinson as John Lennon, Paul Mescal as Paul McCartney, Joseph Quinn as George Harrison, and Barry Keoghan as Ringo Starr.

Sony Motion Pictures’ Tom Rothman described the rollout of the film series as the first “bingeable moment in cinema,” adding that “we are going to dominate the culture that month.”  Each of the movies will focus on a different member of group, with the project being given the working title of The Beatles – A Four-Film Cinematic Event.

The Beatles – A Four-Film Cinematic Event will mark the first scripted films to be granted the band’s music and life rights. The project’s official synopsis reads: “Each man has his own story, but together they are legendary. The Beatles – A Four-Film Cinematic Event. In theaters April 2028.”

Mendes said of the four-movie concept: “There had to be a way to tell the epic story for a new generation. I can assure you there is still plenty left to explore, and I think we found a way to do that.”

Editorial credit: Elena_Alex_Ferns / Shutterstock.com

Categories
Rock Daypop

Paul Mescal, Barry Keoghan, Harris Dickinson, and Joseph Quinn cast in four-part Beatles biopic

Filmmaker Sam Mendes has officially confirmed the main cast for his series of four Beatles biopics, adding that each film will premiere one at a time over four weekends in April 2028.

Cast as the Fab Four is: Harris Dickinson as John Lennon, Paul Mescal as Paul McCartney, Joseph Quinn as George Harrison, and Barry Keoghan as Ringo Starr.

Sony Motion Pictures’ Tom Rothman described the rollout of the film series as the first “bingeable moment in cinema,” adding that “we are going to dominate the culture that month.”  Each of the movies will focus on a different member of group, with the project being given the working title of The Beatles – A Four-Film Cinematic Event.

The Beatles – A Four-Film Cinematic Event will mark the first scripted films to be granted the band’s music and life rights. The project’s official synopsis reads: “Each man has his own story, but together they are legendary. The Beatles – A Four-Film Cinematic Event. In theaters April 2028.”

Mendes said of the four-movie concept: “There had to be a way to tell the epic story for a new generation. I can assure you there is still plenty left to explore, and I think we found a way to do that.”

Editorial credit: Elena_Alex_Ferns / Shutterstock.com

Categories
Rock Daypop

Godsmack announce departure of longtime guitarist Tony Rombola and drummer Shannon Larkin

Godsmack have announced the departure of longtime guitarist Tony Rombola and drummer Shannon Larkin. The band kicked-off their tour last month, which has seen Sam Bam Koltun (of Doroth and Faster Pussycat) on guitar, and Will Hunt of Evanescence on drums.

According to Blabbermouth, in a since-deleted Facebook video, Larkin, 58, and Rombola, 60, shared that after many discussions with Erna and Merrill “we did quit the band last year… they understood that we didn’t want to tour anymore — that’s the reason — and we understood that they wanted to tour. And so we understood each other. And in the end, Godsmack’s out there touring and we are happily here living our lives.”

The official news was shared in a lengthy statement posted on Instagram which said that both men had decided to retire from the band after nearly three decades of service. The statement read:

To our dearest friends and fans, We send this message to all of you to share some bittersweet news with you regarding a significant change in our journey together. After almost 3 incredible decades, two of our most cherished members, Tony Rombola and Shannon Larkin have decided to retire from the band permanently, on good terms, but for no other reason than to fulfill their desire to live a more simple and quiet life away from touring.

This decision was not made lightly. Tony and Shannon have been such a big part of our history, bringing their unique talents, creativity, and passion that have shaped our music and our message. Together, we have experienced countless, unforgettable moments and heartfelt interactions with fans like you around the world. We are immensely grateful for every memory we’ve created together.

Their departure marks the end of an era, but it also opens the door for new and exciting possibilities. We want to assure you that Shannon and Tony will always be part of our family, and their contributions will forever echo in our music. We respect their decisions and support them wholeheartedly as they pursue their own individual paths.

Robbie and I are also excited to explore new directions, and although we have not made any permanent decisions about who may replace Tony and Shannon, we will be continuing this journey together, and we look forward to sharing the decisions we make with all of you as they happen.

In the meantime, some of you may have heard, drummer Will Hunt of Evanescence, along with guitarist Sam Koltun of Dorothy are filling in for Shannon and Tony as we honor and complete our current European dates.

Thank you for your unwavering support over the years. We are grateful to have you by our side as we navigate this transition.

Let’s celebrate the memories we’ve made together while we all look forward to our future together.

With love and respect,
Sully, Robbie, Tony, Shannon

Editorial credit: ChrisJamesRyanPhotography / Shutterstock.com

Categories
Entertainment Daypop

See Jon Hamm in trailer for Apple TV+ series ‘Your Friends & Neighbors’

Apple TV+ is previewing the upcoming drama series Your Friends & Neighbors, starring Jon Hamm.

The new trailer for Your Friends & Neighbors, debuting Friday, Apr. 11, stars the ‘Mad Men’ alum as hedge fund manager Andrew “Coop” Cooper ,” who resorts to robbing houses in his upscale neighborhood after being fired – not long after going through a divorce.

The show, which was already renewed for a sophomore season back in November, also stars Amanda Peet, Olivia Munn, Hoon Lee, Mark Tallman, Lena Hall, Aimee Carrero, Eunice Bae, Isabel Marie Gravitt and Donovan Colan.

Season 1 is slated to premiere April 11; see the trailer – HERE.

Editorial credit: Kathy Hutchins / Shutterstock.com

Categories
Entertainment Daypop

Famous friends pay tribute to Val Kilmer after his death at age 65

Famous friend and former colleagues of Val Kilmer are paying tribute to the actor, after news broke of his death yesterday at the age of 65.

Kilmer’s daughter Mercedes told The New York Times in a statement that her father died of pneumonia on Tuesday. Kilmer had battled throat cancer, which robbed him of his voice, for more than a decade.

Kilmer was also known for his roles in Top Gun, Willow, Top Secret, Real Genius, The Doors, Thunderheart, True Romance, Batman Forever, Prince of Egypt, Kiss Kiss Bang Bang and Top Gun: Maverick. Prime Video also released a documentary in 2021 about the Kilmer titled Val, who stepped away from Hollywood at the height of his career

Director Francis Ford Coppola posted on Instagram: “Val Kilmer was the most talented actor when in his High School, and that talent only grew greater throughout his life. He was a wonderful person to work with and a joy to know — I will always remember him.”

Actor Josh Brolin wrote: “See ya, pal. I’m going to miss you,” Brolin wrote. “You were a smart, challenging, brave, uber-creative firecracker. There’s not a lot left of those. I hope to see you up there in the heavens when I eventually get there. Until then, amazing memories, lovely thoughts. ❤💔❤💔❤💔💎 #valkilmer #marktwain.”

Cher – who was romantically involved in the 1980s with Kilmer and remained friends with him after their relationship ended – wrote in a post on X: “VALUS Will miss u,” actress and hitmaker. U Were Funny, crazy, pain in the a–, GREAT FRIEND, kids💜U, BRILLIANT as Mark Twain, BRAVE here during ur sickness.”

Actress Jennifer Tilly posted: “A long time ago, I was auditioning for the movie The Doors. It was kind of a cattle call. They paired together potential Jims with potential Pamela’s. And they were running behind so we were spilling out of the casting office, sitting on the porch, the lawn, and the driveway. All of a sudden, a sixties convertible came screeching up, blaring Doors Music at top volume. And a guy jumped out and strode inside: He had wild hair and he was barefoot, shirtless, and wearing nothing but a pair of tight leather pants. We all looked at each other like… Who is this guy? We were more than a little shook by the sheer audacity of his entrance. Well of course it was Val Kilmer and from that minute on, nobody else stood a chance. Rip King.”

Kilmer was previously married to actress Joanne Whalley from 1988 until their divorce in 1996. The former couple shared daughter Mercedes Kilmer and son Jack Kilmer.

Editorial credit: Tinseltown / Shutterstock.com

Categories
Rock Daypop

Brad Paisley teams with rock band Dawes for “Raining Inside”

Brad Paisley and folk rock band Dawes have joined forces on the new collaboration, “Raining Inside.”

Paisley teamed up with Dawes lead vocalist Taylor Goldsmith and Lee Thomas Miller, to write “Raining Inside” last year. Per a press release, Paisley initially recorded the ballad himself, but he “was inspired into a collaboration after the magic of the Grammy performance with Taylor and his brother Griffin (Dawes) on Randy Newman’s ‘I Love L.A.’ with an all-star band that included Brad, Sheryl Crow, Brittany Howard, John Legend, and St. Vincent”. 

The collaboration arrives shortly after Paisley announced details about his headlining “Truck Still Works Tour,” named after the song he wrote with Chris Dubois, Will Bundy, Hunter Phelps and Rodney Clawson.  The “Truck Still Works Tour” will include support from Walker Hayes, plus Avery Anna, Mae Estes and Alexandra Kay and Dylan Scott on select dates.

Take a listen to “Raining Inside”- HERE.

Editorial credit: Debby Wong / Shutterstock.com

Categories
Rock Daypop

Ozzy Osbourne and Billy Morrison share video for re-recording of “Gods of Rock N Roll”

Ozzy Osbourne and Billy Morrison have shared the re-recording of their new single “Gods of Rock N Roll” (featuring Steve Stevens), an orchestral reworking of the song “Gods” from Morrison’s 2015 album God Shaped Hole. In addition to the 61-piece Budapest Scoring Orchestra and lead guitar performance from Steve Stevens, ‘Gods of Rock N Roll’ features the John Burroughs High School choir.

‘Gods of Rock N Roll” appears on the deluxe edition of Morrison’s 2024 album, The Morrison Project. Morrison stated, “Ozzy and I have breathed new life into what we always felt was a huge song. ‘Gods of Rock N Roll’ was written ten years ago in a South American hotel room, but with this re-recording we both feel we have finally made the song what it was always meant to be – a huge emotive ballad. A huge portion of the song was completely re-recorded, the 61 piece Budapest Scoring Orchestra recorded the orchestral score composed by Fred Coury, and then the John Burroughs High School choir were added. Barry Pointer had the unenviable task of mixing 132 tracks and he did an incredible job. The end result is what happens when Ozzy Osbourne makes some suggestions, and Billy Morrison listens!”

Ozzy told Kerrang! of the new track, “Billy and I wrote ‘Gods of Rock N Roll’ together in a hotel room while I was touring in South America about 10 years ago. This re-recorded version of the song finally has all the bells and whistles. I told Billy then that it needed an orchestra and a choir, but it took 10 f*cking years for him to listen to me.”

Watch the video for “Gods of Rock N Roll” – HERE.

Editorial credit: Ga Fullner / Shutterstock.com

Categories
Entertainment Daypop

‘An Evening with Elton John and Brandi Carlile’ concert special airing April 6 on CBS

CBS announced that the new concert special “An Evening with Elton John and Brandi Carlile” will air April 6th at 8 p.m. EDT, and stream live for Paramount+ with Showtime subscribers. The show will be available on-demand the next day on Paramount+.

Filmed March 26 at the Palladium Theatre in London, the one-hour special will feature live performances and a look at their upcoming album, Who Believes In Angels? (set for release April 4).  John, 77, and Carlile, 43, will also perform some of their individual songs and classics from John’s discography, with Carlile sharing an unreleased track.

In addition, a press release states that John and Carlile invite “the audience into an intimate sit-down conversation on stage that will pull back the curtain on their 20-year friendship, the profound journey behind their latest collaboration and share intimate footage from their process.”

Editorial credit: Kathy Hutchins / Shutterstock.com

Categories
Entertainment Daypop

Lawsuit against Sean ‘Diddy’ Combs dismissed after accuser refuses to reveal identity

Sean “Diddy” Combs’ had a small win in civil court after one of the lawsuits accusing him of sexual assault was dismissed by a judge due to the plaintiff’s decision not to reveal her identity.

Per PEOPLE, on Monday, March 31, 2025, a federal judge tossed the case after the plaintiff did not newly file a complaint under her real identity. The woman had sued Combs in the Southern District of New York under the name ‘Jane Doe’ in October 2024, accusing him of assaulting her at a party in 1995. The woman was represented by Tony Buzbee, a high-profile Houston attorney who previously announced he was representing hundreds of people accusing Combs of sexual misconduct. Buzbee said in a statement: “In this particular case, Jane Doe opted not to proceed. There is a lot of fear amongst these plaintiffs. I thus can’t blame her. These are tough cases and they are many times re-traumatizing for those who pursue them. Each case stands on its own merit. This woman chose not to proceed and subject herself to the media circus and the perceived danger she felt. We have to respect that.”

U.S. District judge Lewis J. Liman wrote in her ruling: “On March 6, 2025, the Court denied Plaintiff’s motion to proceed anonymously and ordered her to file a complaint in her own name by March 20, 2025, or the case would be dismissed. As of [March 3], Plaintiff has not filed a complaint in her own name, nor has she sought an extension of time to do so. Accordingly, the case is dismissed.”

Combs’ legal team said in a statement: “Today a federal judge dismissed a lawsuit filed against Mr. Combs by Texas attorney Anthony Buzbee and his local counsel Antigone Curis on behalf of an anonymized plaintiff. This is now the second case brought by these attorneys against Mr. Combs that has been dismissed in its entirety. It will not be the last. For months, we have seen case after case filed by individuals hiding behind anonymity, pushed forward by attorneys more focused on media headlines than legal merit. The other claims, like the one dismissed today, also will not hold up in a court of law.”

Combs has been named a defendant in several dozen lawsuits accusing him of misconduct, and is also facing criminal charges following a September indictment on federal sex crimes, including sex trafficking and racketeering. He has pleaded not guilty, and denied any wrongdoing.

Combs remains behind bars in Brooklyn after being denied bail, with his criminal trial set to begin on May 5.

Editorial credit: bella1105 / Shutterstock.com